Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Installing maytag stove mgr5752bdq for 83 yr old Mom (trying

Installing maytag stove mgr5752bdq for 83 yr old Mom (trying to save her $$$) . LP conversion is driving us crazy, TOP burners are fine, oven & broiler just not right?? Not sure what we could be doing wrong. Need step by step help on Lp conversion
well is the flame to high or to low on oven and broil? on most conversions you have to turn the orifice in or out depending on if you need flame higher or lower , are you going from nat. to lp or the other way around? let me know Bryan. p.s. my moms 83 also so I know what you mean. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
flames are still high and yellow, does that me we have to crank them down more??
yes. did you already adjust orifice once? yellow flame means you have to much oxygen , first get flame hight right by turning orifice in a bit at a time till you get that right. then if its still yellow you have to adjust air . let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Converting Natural to LP, broiler flame big & yellow oven flames
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I thought there was something in THIS particular Maytag that I over looked. There was a orifice or part on the gas regulator that had to be flipped over with the LP side facing the opposite way. Perhaps I just need to play with it a little. Thanks for your time
ok ,I'm sorry I thought you changed regulator piece over already because you said the top was working o.k. , to get the flame not so yellow you may have to adjust the air on burner .thats the thing with philips head screw near the orifice just loosin a little and close it a bit to reduce air intake. hope I helped , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Bryan: One week later UPDATE:: FYI (and mine!!) WE tried adjusting the air intake w/o any improvement. We finally discovered that this model of Maytag had separate OVEN and BROILER orifices hidden under a flap in the back contained in its own plastic bag. Cranking down the existing orifices and adjusting the air did little to improve the flame becaused they needed to be replaced completely. Well this is a first for me... IF the directions the manufacturers give were a little clearer it could have been a simple procedure....
THANKS for your help again.. Pat
ps: 83 YR OLD MOM IS VERY HAPPY.. Wishing your Mom well

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX your mom good health and may she be with you for many more years to come. thanks again Bryan