Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my washing machine shuts off when its supposed to kick into ...

my washing machine shuts off when its supposed to kick into the Drain/Rinse then spin cycle.It makes a humming sound like its waiting for something to kick in.The basin doesn''t drain and the cycle stops leaving clothes immersed in water.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
can you give me make and model# XXXXX Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
My Washing Machine is an Inglis type111,IAS5000RQ2 and ser,#CTO830760
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
ok cant find info on model but I'm willing to bet you have somthing in your drain pump not letting it start so it wont drain thats the buzzing you hear, check drain hose for kink. also do you wash rugs in this machine , ? like bathroom rugs, also comforters can come appart and fill pump with the fiiling from them , the rugs if they have rubber backing it can come off and jam up pump. check and see if anythings in pump (sock ) let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Stupid question I know, but where do I find Drain pump?
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
not a stupid question, its going to be in the bottom of machine you will have to tace a cover off either front or back depending on which one will come off. I cant find any info on this machine so I'm not sure which. but when you get cover off you will see where your drain hose connects, it will probably be a small electric pump. you have to get water out of machine before taking hose off to see if theres something in pump though. I wish I could do more , hope this helps Bryan