Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a amana bottom freezer ABB1921 that is accumalating ...

I have a amana bottom freezer ABB1921 that is accumalating water in the freezer that then freezes up. someone suggested checking the drain and cleaning it out, but I can''t find the drain! "Where is it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
you have to remove rear panel in freezer section , when you get it off you will see ice on the bottom under coils . clear that ice with hair dryer or hot water if you use hot water get plenty of towels ready . and when you finally get ice out you will see in the middle under coils a drain hole. keep defrosting until water goes down hole freely. thats it. hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I've gotten 4 screws out but the air vent at the top edge seems to be holding on, how do I get it the rest of the way off
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
there are little clips if you look closely. take small screwdriver and gently release clips and it should come out. Bryan