Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whirlpool super capacity 2 speed top load washer, ...

I have a Whirlpool super capacity 2 speed top load washer, model # XXXXX On light loads, the washer works just fine. But, if I put a load in that is too heavy, the tub won''t spin in order to drain the water off. The lid switch works just fine. If a load is too big, I can open the lid, push down the switch with my finger and start the load spinning with my other hand. Once the tub is spinning on it''s own, I close the lid and let it finish. I need to know what part to replace. Thanks!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
hi this is Bryan , I think you need the clutch asm. in your washer. you can go to www.repairclinic.com and find the part you need. its not to bad to change, three bolts on trans. and one in your agitator , unplug motor , take pump hoses off and trans. will pull out from bottom , for you its best to lay washer on its side . the clutch sit on top of trans. slides down over shaft. hope this helps Bryan , if your happy with answer please press accept. feedback is welcomed. thanks again Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
hi this is Bryan again. you can also click on this link www.pcappliancerepair.com and bring up diagrams of clutch asm. good luck Bryan.