Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

we experienced a lightning storm last night,woke up to find ...

we experienced a lightning storm last night,woke up to find a puddle on the floor this morning near the refrigerator,the refrigerator seems to be working but nothing is getting frozen. i do feel cold air in the freezer also the ice maker is not making ice
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
can you tell me if you hear any clicking or buzzing in rear of ref.? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
no sounds like the motor is running
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
okay but is the compressor runnig? there are fans in ref. and in back that may be what you are hearing . is temp. going up? alot of times in lightning storms can blow the relay on compressor. what happens is power goes out for a split second and then back on but compressor has pressure and can't restart blowing relay. another you could have thing you could have a problem with is defrost . do you see any frost on back panel of freezer section? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: i really did not see frost on the back panel
i feel cold air blowing in the freezer its been running for about 7 hours and noy freezing anything
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
I realy think you have a bad relay , if you take back cover off rear of ref. where your compressor is you can hear whether compressor is starting or not, I'll bet its not.can you tell me make and model of ref.? Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: frigidaire side by side
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
okay I do alot of fridgedaire side by side ref. and the relays do go bad alot. try what I said take cover off back and listen to compressor for about 5 minutes and see if it trys to start and then goes silent. Bryan