Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello, Im a owner of a G.E. dishwasher

Customer Question

Hello, I''m a owner of a G.E. dishwasher Model#GSD6610G00BB, Serial#LG602965A. Have had it approx. 4 to 5 years. Just recently the door safety switch broke(so during operating cycle the door could not be opened the machine would not shut down) I ordered a new one and installed it myself. But since then the top row of indicator lights showing the progress of the operation and the finished light do not work. As well have noticed at the bottom of the dishwasher inside there is about 1/2" of standing water that has not drained out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
did you accidently knock a wire off when installing new switch ? the standing water is not unsual in some d/w. does it seem to be more than uasual? I'm going to chack your model and get back to you. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Not sure, wife started to complain about the indicator lights not showing what stage the machine was at or if the total cycle was finished. Checking now for poor connections.
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
just need to know if it started right away after you replaced switch or did it work right at all after then start not showing lights?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: The indicator lights were noticed at the same time that the door switch was noticed.
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
is machine still running through cycles to the end? Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: Not sure, the dishes are coming out wet and sticky to the touch.
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
when you start machine after it fills how much water is in bottom after fill?