Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Can the Gasket in the oven that seals the door and keeps ...

Customer Question
Can the Gasket in the...
Can the Gasket in the oven that seals the door and keeps the heat in be replaced easily..kitchenaid Model # XXXXX
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
7/5/2008
Appliance Technician: Bryan, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
some are easy some are not, let me check model and I'll get right back to you. thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: My husband wants to do it to save his Mom from buying a new oven
well some of these door seals can be difficult to install, in your case at least part of the door will have to come apart, this can be tricky but not impossible. the door has to come off and be laid on table to do it. sometimes you don't have to take to much off door but I cant tell by pictures what has to come off to change, sometimes the place you buy seal will have instruction for installation but not always. go to www.repairclinic.com to see part. good luck thanks Bryan.if this helped you you can accept , feedback is welcomed
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: The seal is not on the door. It is on the oven side.
okay most are on door , it dosnt show where your is on oven in diagram , it does show clips do you see any clips. ? this may just push into a groove have you tried to pull gasket out a bit to see if it comes out of a groove? are there any screws around it? the only diagram i've found doesnt show how its attached, i will check for more info. thanks Bryan
Reply to a1speedyappliance's Post: There is a bracket like thing about 5 inches long with a screw holding it in. No clips. I tried to gently pull on the corner and it didn't budge. Thank you by the way.
iI looked up diagram again and it looks like there may be screws holding the gasket in. try loosening screws a bit and see if the gasket comes out it may just be slid in behind frame part . let me know Bryan
Thank you again. That is what it looks like too, that it justs slides into the frame..but we can't take a chance to ruin the oven because it is old and built in and would cost alot to replace..so maybe I will find a repairman. This was helpful!
okay sorry I couldnt have done more , sometimes the older ovens are worth keeping because they were built better , if it runs good otherwise its probably worth repairing. thanks again for using just answer, feedback is appreciated , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician