The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a Maytag Neptune front load dryer it will shut ...

I have a Maytag Neptune front load dryer it will shut off but power is reaching the dryer because the dryer light is on when you open the door. I it true that when you unplug and replug the dryer it is the same as resetting the circuit? That didn''t work, and I flipped the 30 amp circuit off and on the dryer flashes PF, push start and it will run again.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 9 years ago.

HiCustomer

Yes it is true about the reset.

The PF error code means power failure and you have already done what you should do. Reset the unit.

If you will please provide the model number I will see if I have the service manual for your unit.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: MDE5500AYW MAYTAG NEPTUNE I READ MY MANUAL THAT CAME WITHIT ONLINE AND IT TELLS ME ABOUT THE PF AND RESET, BUT IT HAPPENS OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Ok what I have done is upload the service manual for your unit. It has all the diagnostic proceedures and is clearly illustrated.

Start on page 3-1 and follow the diagnostics. I hate to say it but these type problems usually end up requiring that the controll board be replaced. If this is the case I strongly suggest that you repair it and sell it. These units are known for blowing out the controll boards. At upwards of $200.00 each they get expensive real fast.

Once you get it sold go and buy yourself a good old fashioned dial type timer dryer. No fancy drying sensors or digital garbage. Just a good ole fashioned analog timed dryer. It will last much longer and when it breaks it wont cost you an arm and a leg to repair it. For the price of two controll boards you can buy a brand new Maytag basic model.

You can get the manual by clicking here.

To download this file:

On the first page scroll down to the bottom and select "FREE"

On the next page enter the letters in the box (if needed) and select "download"

Save the file to your hard drive and open it with a .pdf reader. I recommend FoxIt reader. (foxit.com) Its smaller than adobe and no spyware.
If there is something in the manual that you do not understand just post here, and I will walk you through the proceedure.

If this answer satisfies your question please click the accept button. I will not be paid if you dont.

You can always ask follow up questions after you accept. I will be here to answer them.

If for some reason you are not happy. Please tell me what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.