MrBill
MrBill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Electrolux Authorized Servicer, 7 Years of in home experience
9256417

How do I light the pilot on my LG Gas Dryer-front loading.

How do I light the pilot on my LG Gas Dryer-front loading. Ihave checked and the gas line is fine and there is not a fuse blown. I understand that it should have autolit the pilot once the unit was cleaned thoroughly.

I will be happy to help you out. Can I get the model number to your dryer. You should be able to find this on a tag on the dryer door.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com!

Bill

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: DLG3788W - Model number for LG Gas Dry front loading

120V 60HZ 5A
15 A Circiut board fuse

I am unable to find your model dryer. Double check the numbers if you could for me. I do not believe that your dryer is going to have a pilot light. The dryer should use an ignitor to light the gas. If there is a plastic square on the front panel of your dryer, this is your sight hole. Pop out the plactic cover and look through the hole when you start the dryer. You should see an orange glow. If you do not see an orange glow you more than likely have a bad ignitor.

Let me know what you find. Thanks Again for using JustAnswer.com!

Bill

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to MrBill's Post: per the owners manual and the Model number in the door, the model number is XXXXX this dryer is only 2 years old