Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

No Comment Added ...

No Comment Added
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Glenn replied 9 years ago.
Hello

Do you have a question ?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I have a GE top load model WJRR4170GOWW. All functions work properly except the high speed spin. The water drains and the barrel turns but never spins at high speed. The washer is lightly used and only about 18 months old.

Thanks

wayne
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
Hi wayne this is Bryan , do you smell anything burning like rubber? I will look up your model and see what kind of clutch you have in it, some of the g.e. washers have 2 speed motors maybe it not kicking into high speed , I'll let you know . thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
hey wayne this is bryan again , no clutch in your machine, you have a variable speed motor in yours, it has the motor control in the motor, you might have a bad motor or it could be in the timer but I dont think its your timer. go to www.repairclinic.com and you will see motor . not cheap!! like i said the control is part of the motor and i dont think you can get electronic motor control without buying motor. hope this helps .thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.