Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an Amana double oven, which I like very much. My ...

Customer Question

I have an Amana double oven, which I like very much. My question has to do with a flaw inside the door of the oven---two paint streaks are inside and I cannot clean them off. I purchased them through Direct Buy and had them for several months before they were installed in my remodeled kitchen. Is there someway I can take the door apart to clean these streaks off the door, did I make a purchase through Direct Buy and they knew they dealt in flawed appliances. I do not want them replaced, but would love the door cleaned.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
you can take door apart but its a bit dificult. there are alot of parts and need disgram for this , i can give you a site you can go to and bring up diagram for your oven if it would help. be careful not to break the glass. its expensive. let me know if you would like the site. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
The second part of my question was: Do you know if Direct Buy sells flawed appliances? I appreciate your partial answer, but would like the information about Direct Buy, too. Thank you
[email protected]
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
I realy dont know if they sell flawed appliances but I do know that i've seen this problem before, I dont think it's a problem that direct buy knew about before they sold it to you. I realy dont know either way. if you go to www.pcapplinancerepair.com you can look up your oven and see the parts in the door , maybe that will help. Bryan
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for your help. I realize it was an improbable request to answer it satisfactorily.
THe reason I ask is that I bought kitchen appliances for our new home at a regular appliance store, they are all great. I got the exact same appliances through Direct Buy, the milk cover in the door sticks, the DW door makes a sound as though there is something loose in the door, one burner on the cooktop sticks, and the double paint stains are inside the door on the double ovens. I am beginning to wonder about DB. THat is all, thanks for reading my comments. Customer
Expert:  Bryan replied 9 years ago.
thank you for using just answer , if there is anything else I can do just ask. thank you again. Bryan.