Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Frigidaire front load washer Model GLTF1040AS0, about

Customer Question
Frigidaire front load washer Model:GLTF1040AS0...
Frigidaire front load washer Model:GLTF1040AS0, about 3 yr old. it can wash, but can not spin, just noise and timer stays, what could be wrong?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/6/2008
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician

hi gubao;

I need to ask you a few questions if you dont mind.

When it is in spin mide will it spin at all?

Does the water pump out?

Has the unit displayed any error codes?

Has there been a power outage or power surges in your area recently?

Thank you.

Awaiting your reply. THS

Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: I believe there was a power outage this morning, but it's was not on.

Ok I still need the answers to the other questions if you would, please.

When it is in spin mode will it spin at all?

Does the water pump out?

Has the unit displayed any error codes?

==========
it goes nowhere when it needs to spin during normal washing.

Does the water pump out?
========
waster is pumped out.

Has the unit displayed any error codes?
====
no error codes, at least there is no dashboard to display it.

Has there been a power outage or power surges in your area recently
=====
there is a power outage this morning.
to first q.
it doesn't spin at all.

Ok thank you.

Last question I promise

Is there a name assocuiated with the unit? ie:tumble action, or laundry center something to that effect?

Yes, I see the "Tumble Action Washer" on manue

Great. I have the service manual for your unit. Give me about 209 minuits and I will upload it for your retrival. We will then both have the manual and we can diagnose it together.

Sound like a plan to you?

Great!

Ok had some problems with my usual server. Cant upload to it for some reason.=\

Try this link

Well nutz! that didnt work either.

Still trying to upload the manual. Just not my nite I guess. Sorry. Stilll trying though

No problem, for some reason my water was shutdown. If there is no water, the timer won't go either, right?
Yup you bet it wont. Im going to try again and see if the server is working again or not. Darn thing will upload the file butr wont give me the download link. =\

Sorry to be so long with this. but heres the manual. I had to clear my cookies to get the upload to work. But it took 45 minuits on ther phone with tech support to figure it out.

Ok what I have done is upload the service manual for your unit. It has all the diagnostic proceedures and is clearly illustrated.
You can get it by clicking here.

To download this file:

On the first page scroll down to the bottom and select "FREE"

On the next page enter the letters in the box and select "download"

Save the file to your hard drive and open it with a .pdf reader. I recommend FoxIt reader. (foxit.com) Its smaller than adobe and no spyware.
If there is something in the manual that you do not understand just post here, and I will walk you through the proceedure.

If this answer satisfies your question please click the accept button. I will not be paid if you dont.

You can always ask follow up questions after you accept. I will be here to answer them.

If for some reason you are not happy. Please tell me what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.

Thanks a lot, I found the problem.