Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Bosch dishwasher Model SHX57C06UC purchased ...

Customer Question
I have a Bosch dishwasher...
I have a Bosch dishwasher Model SHX57C06UC purchased 04/02/07. My husband replaced our kitchen sink and put in a new garbage disposal. When we turned it on it ran but now makes a loud buzzing sound. What is the problem and how do I fix it?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/5/2008
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician

Hi againCustomer

Is it the dishwasher or the disposal that is making the noise? (I presume it is the washer but just want to be sure)

Did this start immediatly after the new disposal was installed?

When your husband installed the new unit did he move the drain line for the washer?

Is the buzzing noise constant? eg: as soon as the unit starts, it does. Or does it begin when the unit starts to pump the water inside the cabinet?

Awaiting your reply; THS.

P.S. never did get an answer about the feed back box. I'll ask again.

My husband didn't remove the block on the first load. (We never completed an entire cycle because of the noise.) The buzzing noise is constant until the dishwasher changes functions. It begins immediately when turned on.
It says that I have a reply but there is none there. Could you please send it again.?

It was probably a duplicate of the first post. Sorry about that.

What function change is that? fill to wash, wash to rinse? etc.

When he didnt removethe block he may have damagesd something. What Im not sure of yet but it will probably be the pump. I'll check into this and let you know as soon as I find out. Ok.

At the moment I must go do a small fix it job that I promised my Mom I would do for her. I will return this afternoon if not sooner.

Sorry for the delay but Im sure you know how mothers can be when the flies are getting into the house because the screen doors are torn. Not a happy camper thats for sure.

Best; The Home Smithy

I would like someone to be working on the problem now so I know if I have to get a repair person to come and fix it. Can someone else work on this problem? I thought that I was supposed to get an answer in two hours.

I'm still here. I do not know of any time constraints that JA offers. If there are it is news to me. After looking this up I believe that a service call would be good idea. Looking at one parts break down there are about 10 different things that the restricted line may have caused to be bent, jammed, or tweaked in general. Each one would make the noise you describe or at least one that is close.

I am sorry that I am not able to be more specific but there are just too many things that can possibly be ruined by the pressure the pump is capable of outputting.

As I do not feel that iI have answered your question and have no other information at this time I will opt out and open this to the other experts.

Best regards THS