Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have an American Fridge Frezeer the water in the ...

Customer Question
I have an American Fridge...
I have an American Fridge Frezeer the water in the dispenser keeps leaking and it takes no time to the ice machine has filled the container. I had to turn the freezer part up to three. Its a Whirlpool
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/2/2008
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician

HiCustomer

What is the model number of your unit, please?

Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: The model number is XXXXX
Ok so you are saying that the ice maker is leaking into the ice bucket? Or is it the water dispensor that you get a drink from that is leaking?
The water dispenser tube that ldown from the back push when wis requested is dripping even when the water dispenser is locked

Ok Billy;

What you have is a bad dispensor solinoid. This is located at the back of your unit. To find it just trace the water line from your wall to where it comes into your fridge. It may go to the water filter first but after that it goes to the solinoid. Change this part and you will be good to go.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.

The water dispenser tube that sticks down from the back push when it is in the locked postion is dripping even when the water dispenser is locked

Yes I understand that Billy.

What I am trying to tell you is that the tube in the front is not the problem.

The problem is the part at the back if the refrigerator. It is called the "water dispensor solinoid" (or just solinoid).

When you push the lever in the front to get a glass of water it makes the solinoid open. Then when you pull the glass away the solinoid is supposed to shut off.

Your solinoid is not shutting off all the way. This makes the front leak.

Do you understand what I am saying now? I can draw you a diagram if you like.

Best regards; THS