The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a Neptune washer model MAH4000AWW serial 60... It ...

I have a Neptune washer model MAH4000AWW   serial 60... It doesn''t drain all the water and leaves the clothes wet. Towels actually have to be squeezed to be able to put in dryer. It leaves a good amount of water at the end of the cycle. What could the problem be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 9 years ago.

HiCustomer

The problem is the door lock switch I'll bet. This ia a common problem with these units. But before you go replacing it you need to do the diagnostics as it can be something else. So to do them you need to have the service manual

What I have done is upload the service manual for your unit. It has all the diagnostic proceedures and is clearly illustrated.
You can get it by clicking here.

Start on page 3-4 this is the flow chart for a no spin condition. There is another flow chart for a wont spin up to full RPM condition on page 3-7. So it may sound like your washer is spinning the cloths but in actuality t is not because of the door safety lock out. It is a safety feature that will not allow the unit to go to full RPMs during spin unless the control board receives the proper signal. Your lock switch is not sending the proper signal even though it is locked properly.

To download this file:

On the first page scroll down to the bottom and select "FREE"

On the next page enter the letters in the box and select "download"

Save the file to your hard drive and open it with a .pdf reader. I recommend FoxIt reader. (foxit.com) Its smaller than adobe and no spyware.
If there is something in the manual that you do not understand just post here, and I will walk you through the proceedure.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.

I see you have downloaded the manual succesfully. If you have any questions please dont hesitate to ask.

You can always ask follow up questions after you accept. I'll be here. Smile

Best; THS

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: The manual you refer me to is for a MAH3000
Do they work the same way... does it apply to the MAH4000????

How can I test if it is the control board and wax motor problem?

After you press the Accept button you will still be able to ask me questions about this post.

Yes it is the same unit. Just follow the flow charts I gave you in my first post.