Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

need the difference in sheaves and pulleys

Customer Question
ex. want to determine rpms...
ex. want to determine rpms created with   x size pulley on motor...belted...to y size sheave opn shaft....how do I determine rpms
output of fan shaft
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
6/1/2008
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician

HiCustomer

It is actually kind of easy (if you have a calcualator) I will draw you a diagram to illustrate it if you will give me about 15 minuits.

Thank you for your patience.

If you give me your diagram...and it answeres my question...I will thankfully pay you kind sir...
I need to know how to determine the correct pulley and wheel to turn a motor 1750 rps with a set size motor......

Its not the sise of the motor that matters so much as the size of the pully you attach to its output shaft. So if you want the motor being turned to spin at 1750 rpms. You will need to put one size on the drive that when thedrive is spinning at full rpms will equal 1750 rpms on the driven motor. If you could provide the rpms of the drive motor and the pullyt circumfrence I will see if I can work this out for you.

Ok I hope i got this right. Its been a long time since geometry class.

graphic

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.

Customerjust so you know I edited my last post

Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: Thank You Sir.....

Your welcome. If you have any more questions just let me know.

Thank you for accepting. Please be sure to leave positive feedback.

Best regards; The Home Smithy

Reply to The Home Smithy's Post: 1750 rpms....9" motor pulley....14 or 16' wheel

ok just to clairify the motor has a 9" output pully and it is turning 1750 rpm's the sheave at the other end of the belt is on a shaft and is 14 or 16 feet in circumfrence ot 14/16 inches in circumfrence. It is the rpm's at the sheave that you need to determin. Correct?

correct

ok I presume it is inches instead of feet on the sheave. Give me a few minuits and Ill be back

For the 14" sheave the shaft RPS's will be 0.64285714285714285714285714285714:1

So we take that number and and make it a fraction which equals 0.64285714285714285714285714285714/100, or 0.64285714285714285714285714285714% of 1750.

Now devide 1750 by 0.64285714285714285714285714285714% and we get 11.249999999999999999999999999998.

Move the decimal 2 places to the right, and you have 1124.9999999999999999999999999998 RPMs at the end sheave.

Or 625.000000000000000000000000001RPMS less than the 9" input pully

For the 16" sheave the shaft RPM's will be 0.5625:1 Which ends up being 0.5625%

Devide 1750 by 0.5625% = 9.84375 Move decimal = 984.375 RPM's at end sheave.

So the out puts for a 14" shaft are 1125 RPM and for the 16" shaft they are 983 RPM's.

Thank you again for the accept.

Please be sure to leave poositive feedback and any bonuses are always welcome.

Best regards; The Home Smithy