DennisH
DennisH, Appliance Technician
Experience:  14 years with current appliance repair company
9105687

my dryer(ge 7.0 super capacity - DBVH520EJWW) was delivered ...

Customer Question

my dryer(ge 7.0 super capacity - DBVH520EJWW) was delivered today and already i''m getting an error message that says "clean lint filter". i''ve cleaned it. i''ve powered it off, unplugged it, turned the breaker off. it''s still giving that message and not allowing me to start the dryer.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  DennisH replied 9 years ago.

HelloCustomer

I looked at the break down I dont see any actual sensors for the lint screen so I looked in the owners manual it is just a reminder it should start if You hit the start button>

took this from Your owners manual>

graphic

Hope this helps, if not I would not attempted to repair this You may void the warranty doing so.

Thank You

Dennis

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I tried that already in addition to powering down, unplugging and flipping the breaker. The book indicates that even with that message displaying it should still start but it won't.
Expert:  DennisH replied 9 years ago.
Customer

These usualy require the door to be opened which I am sure you have done, but it appears to just be a reminder nothing more I dont see an airflow switch in the break down that can only mean there is a problem with the electronic control so, I realy hate to be the one to say it but, You will want to call the store where You bought it or GE for repair once again I highly recommend against any DIY on a new unit You will void the warranty and any chance of the store where You bought it from replacing the dryer if need be.

Wish I could help You more.

Dennis