Glenn
Glenn, Mechanic
Experience:  over 30 years as a maintenance technician I have repaired many an Appliance I am also an electrician
281739

I have a Maytag LA9900 which does now go through the spin ...

I have a Maytag LA9900 which does now go through the spin cycle properly. I had previously posted about this and was advised to replace the drive belts. This helped me go from no sping to some spin, but the spin cycle will not get up to speed unless I pull on the drive motor (this tightens up the new belts). If I pull too hard the drive motor stops, if I pull with medium tention, the drum spins as you would expect it to spin.
Hello

Is there a take up pully with a spring on it ?
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Glenn's Post: There is no way to adjust tension on the belt between the drive motor and the transmission. You can adjust the tension on the pump belt, which is adjusted all the way out (makes the belt as tight as you can). Both belts were just replace with new replacement belts. On the bottom of the drive motor, there are two alluminum pulleys on the bottom of the motor with an allen screw holding them onto the motor shaft. I am not sure, but I am assuming that the aluminum pulleys have worn. I need to be able to find replacement pulleys. Can you provide parts or a link to the parts?

Hello

I'll brb with tht info

Glenn, Mechanic
Experience: over 30 years as a maintenance technician I have repaired many an Appliance I am also an electrician
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Here is a link I found on the sears parts website, but it is not real specific:
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/displayPartDetailAction.action?partNumber=200816&productGroupId=0026&supplierId=464&documentId=X2900735&pageId=00006

It looks like a dual pully with a single set screw.
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Found the pulley at that site, thanks!

Hello

Also the other expert that found you belts for you emailed me and said to look at this

click on this link

http://appliance.justanswer.com/pm_show_message.aspx?ID=307372

Hello again,

Thought i would jump in here I get alot of questions about the motorbeing loose but it is supposed to move, the motor os on a spring loaded base to keep tension on the belts

If You have not taken front panel off lets do this now

Remove the 2 scews at the bottom of the front panel>

graphic

Then inspect the motor base for damage>

graphic

Let Us know what you find and We will help You further.

Dennis