Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Fisher Paykel Dryer Model DEGX2 reset switch keeps tripping ...

Customer Question
Fisher Paykel Dryer Model DEGX2...
Fisher Paykel Dryer Model DEGX2 reset switch keeps tripping Have had repair person out at least twice in last year Also have reset the swich about 12 times myself now it is tripping on every other load
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
4/6/2008
Appliance Technician: DennisH, Appliance Technician replied 9 years ago
DennisH
DennisH, Appliance Technician

HelloCustomer

That reset is there for a reason if it keeps tripping it is most likely poor ventialtion( pluged vent, lint screen, kinked or to long of a vent, improper vent hood).

If Your dryer is connected to a vent that looks like this>

graphic

Either this style with the foil or the plastic are not rated for enough air flow for newer dryers You will want to upgrade to this>

graphic

this is a rigid flexible, or to a solid aluminum dryer vent tubing either is sufficient.

Also if the exauhst hood on the outside of Your home looks similar to this>

graphic

Change it to a more free flowing hood like the louvered one below>

graphic

correcting these should keep that from needing reset so often, remember that over loading and not cleaning the lint screen can cause this problem also.

Dennis

DennisH
DennisH, Appliance Technician
DennisH
DennisH
DennisH, Appliance Technician