Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

how to get melted stuck on tinfoil off a Glass Stove

Customer Question

We have a Glass top stove & I was using tinfoil as a lid for a pot & it melted on a Burner Help please & it has been there for a while
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 9 years ago.

Hello fanda,

You can use a razor ( the kind you can buy at a hardware store that has a small handle on it ) and get the worst up . Then use a SCOTCH-BRITE pad with the range top cleaner - polish that comes in a bottle ( it's sold in most groceries now ) to get the rest. Don't overdo it with the razor as you don't want to sctatch the glass. Thanks for using justanswer.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thank you but I have tried this before & for the most part didnt work

OK fanda,

This might sound crazy but try using AVON SKIN-SO-SOFT , I know that it works great on glued on tape and glue residue. Lighter fluid is another thing that may work.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I guess I can try this but
Please if you can come up with more answers for me please keep trying I do Appreciate it Thanks
OK Fanda Good luck!