Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a DELONGHI built-in dual fule double oven

Customer Question
model-debige 2440 ss.the electric oven...
I have a DELONGHI built-in dual fule double oven model-debige 2440 ss.the electric oven temperature light and the element will not turn on
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/8/2008
Appliance Technician: Steve G., Handyman replied 9 years ago
Steve G., Handyman

Hi. Please verify the following.

Your location: USA? Europe?

What kind of electrical supply do you have to the range? Voltage? Breaker size? Wire size?

Thanks.

Reply to Steve G's Post: hi, my location is usa .voltage 120.breaker15 amp.wire size 12 3wire.

Well that is the correct answer.

Is there any evidence of power to the unit at all? Display, clock etc?

tne electric oven has power to the fan and light but no power to temp light or element ,the gas oven works ok

Hmmm.. now I'm going back to the voltage issue. Do you have the installation manual? Is this a new installation or did this work previously and now doesn't?

Is this a North American model? Where did you buy it from? Locally?

hi,all i have. is a users operating manual .NORTH AMERICAN MODEL .NEW INSTALLATION. SELECT APPLIANCE SALES,INC,159 WEST HARRIS AVE SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO,CAL I live in MI
Does it plug into a normal receptacle?
hi,yes anormal receptacle

Clearly there is something wrong. I have verified from a dealer that the unit has a single 120V cord and plug connection.

I would suggest that since this is a brand new unit that has been shipped to you, that something has come undone during shipping - a connection, a wire, a component of some kind. You may also have a bad fuse or thermostat sine the 1650W element will have both controlling it.

I would call the store Monday and ask them for advice.

Steve G., Handyman
Steve G., Handyman