Ask Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman Y...
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman, 15 Years as Maintenance Technician
Experience:  15 Years in the Maintenance field
283538

I have a maytag range model mgr4451bdw, the oven turns ...

I have a maytag range model mgr4451bdw, the oven turns on by itself, what the problem, what needs to be replace
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman replied 9 years ago.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,

Ok, let's take a look at this;

It sounds like your thermostat may be shorting out, then every now and then it thinks you are using the oven so it turn on... That would be my first thought

If you need more help Let me know

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman's Post: Would a bad themostat also cause it to switch from bake to broil? This appliance is a little over 2 years old and has a disgital display, would the thermostat cause it to do this as well?
Since it is digital, then the controls would be a controlled through a panel of Circuits which could allow it to do a few weird things. But this would be a good starting point in your search to repair this