Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

How do you take a GE Profile dryer apart to get to the ...

How do you take a...
How do you take a GE Profile dryer apart to get to the thermostat. the dryer is not heating. Model #DPSR513EAOAA
3/5/2008
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman, 15 Years as Maintenance Technician

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,

Ok, let's take a look at this;

Here are the instructions for removing your thermostat, yours is on the blower

http://www.partselect.com/dryer+replace-thermostat+repair.htm

Also, here is a parts breakdown to help as well

It is #231

graphic

Here are the replacement parts

http://www.myapstore.com/Omega/Dispatcher?REQUEST=ACCESSORY

If you need more help Let me know

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.

Reply to Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman's Post: I know about the thermostats, but my problem is getting to them. This dryer does not have an access panel on the back like most dryers I have owned in my life. How do I get the dryer apart to get to the therostats.
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician

HiCustomer

Here is a site that has pictures and instructions for disassembeling your unit.

Just scroll down and look for GE Dryers. It has instructions for both older and newer units.

If this answer satisfies your question please click on the accept button. If it does not, please tell me so. You are not expected to accept any answer that you are not happy with.
I do expect you to let me know if you are not satisfied, and what I can do to put a smile on your face.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please tell someone about us.
Best regards; The Home Smithy
After you have accepted it is important that you leave positive feedback.

Well I would of love to finish helping you, but I see someone jumped in on me... Thanks Anyway