Ask Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman Y...
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman, 15 Years as Maintenance Technician
Experience:  15 Years in the Maintenance field
283538

I HAVE A SEARS KENMORE TRIO REFRIGERATOR. BOTH OF THE ...

I HAVE A SEARS KENMORE TRIO REFRIGERATOR. BOTH OF THE CLIPS THAT HOLD THE DOORS TIGHTLY CLOSED HAVE BROKEN OFF, SO NOW IF ONE DOOR IS OPENED & SHUT, THE FORCE OF CLOSING THE DOOR, PUSHES THE OTHER DOOR OPEN. DO YOU KNOW IF THERE IS A MANUAL AVAILABLE TO SHOW ME HOW TO REPLACE THE PARTS? IT IS MODEL #XXXXXXXXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman replied 9 years ago.
Can you please place the model number again
Customer: replied 9 years ago.
THE MODEL NUMBER IS XXXXX - I CALLED SEARS YESTERDAY TO VERIFY THE PART NUMBERS I NEEDED TO BUY, HOWEVER THE CLIPS THAT HAVE BROKEN OFF ARE PART OF AN ENTIRE GASKEY ASSEMBLY. LOOKING AT MY FRIG, IT LOOKS LIKE IT MAY BE A COMPLICATED PROCESS, THAT WHY I WAS WONDERING IF THERE IS A MANUAL AVAILABLE.

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,

Ok, let's take a look at this;

Here is the owner manual

http://www.managemyhome.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0412142.pdf

I wasn't able to find you a Free Service manual, but I did find one for $15

http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=680249&PPStack=1

It says that it is whirlpool, but it is the same for Kenmore

If you need more help Let me know

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Thanks for the info, but I already have the owners manual. What I need is the repair manual to show exactly how I replace the damaged parts.

Problem is I can't find your model 795.75549401

Let me try something else, can you give me the parts number that you have.

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
4987JJ2002C
4987JJ2002D

So you are just replacing the gaskets? That is what your part numbers are.

Or are you needing to replace the whole series? that would be 230A and 230B this would be the complete assembly the part number for that is 3581JJ8050C and 3581JJ8051C as shown below

graphic

graphic

It has been my experience that these parts are screwed in under the seal referring to 233A and 233B, you simply fold the seal back to get to the screws.

I still had no luck finding a service manual for this unit, If this information still isn't helpful, let me know and I will OPT OUT for another expert to try to get you one... :)

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I THOUGHT THE SAME THING, BUT THEY ARE ACTUALLY PART OF THE GASKET SYSTEM. THE GASKET ITSELF IS GLUED TO A PLASTIC STRIP WHICH IS SANDWICHED BETWEEN THE INSIDE AND OUTSIDE OF THE DOOR. THE ITEMS 233 A & B REFER TO THE ENTIRE RUBBER GASKET.
MY HUSBAND LAUGHED AT ME WHEN I REPAIRED OUR WALL OVEN, BUT I WAS ABLE TO FIX IT. NOW I THINK HE WILL HAVE A REASON TO LAUGH, BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO BE A LOT MORE DIFFICULT.
THANKS FOR YOUR EFFORTS. I WILL "ACCEPT" YOUR HELP.
Thanks for the Accept, Good luck on you replacement task...