Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

maytag dishwasher, mod #mdb5600awb. need seal part number

Customer Question
lost very small rubber looking...
lost very small rubber looking 1"x2" split gasket located at bottom of door. has one on each side. Do you know the part number?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/17/2008
Appliance Technician: Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman, 15 Years as Maintenance Technician replied 9 years ago
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman, 15 Years as Maintenance Technician

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer,

Ok, let's take a look at this;

I am not see exactly what you are describing, but here is a parts brake down of the whole dishwasher

http://www.partselect.com/ModelFrames.aspx?ModelID=264434&ModelNum=MDB5600AWB&mfgModelNum=&ManufactureID=1&Selected=54089&Position=1&mfg=Maytag&Type=&Mark=0

If you need more help Let me know

If you find this post helpful please take a few minutes to leave Feedback.

By you leaving Positive Feedback you give your Expert additional opportunities to earn extra CASH and Recognition.

If you would like to give a Bonus they are always welcome.

If there is anything else let me know, If not click accept. Thank You Michael L.

Reply to Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman's Post: THE PART I AM LOOKING FOR IS JUST AT THE HINGE ON EACH SIDE. WHITE RUBBER LOOKING. WASHER LEAKS WATER WHEN RUNNING, APPEARS TO BE AT DOOR BOTTOM CORNER WHERE THIS LITTLE PIECE IS MISSING. IT DOES NOT SHOW UP ON THE DIAGRAM YOU SUGGESTED I LOOK AT. DOES THE DOOR JUST START LEAKING?

What you may be looking at is the washer for the hinge assembly itself, Number 4 of the door break down. That shouldn't have anything to do with leaking.

How does the seal look?

Here is some common leak spots

http://fixitnow.com/wp/2003/12/01/appliance-tip-of-the-day-diagnosing-dishwasher-door-leaks/

Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman
Michael L....JA Appliance Repairman