Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have an antique Chinese medicine chest and an antique

I have an antique Chinese medicine chest and an antique Chinese chow bench (teak) that I need a value estimate on. I could send a photo if needed.
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The medicine cabinet was bought in Honolulu from an antique store. The bench came from Shanghai in 1929, bought by my aunt.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can provide except for photos.

My screen name is ***** ***** I will be helping you.

Use the small blue document icon near the red SEND
button to add photos.
I just need one of the item (ideally on a white background)
and one of the bottom or back where there might be marks, signatures or labels.

Add one photo, write a word or number in the text box (pic1, pic2, etc),
hit send, then do the next. This works best doing photos one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I sent a picture to the just answer site. Don’t have it on my phone so did email. Email is way easier for me than texting.

I will not get that.

If you have problems adding pictures here with the blue document or camera icon you can also,

1)EMAIL: If it would be easier for you, you can email the files to***@******.*** with

"for rarewares in antiques" in the subject line of the email and they

will forward them to me within 48 hours. It is slower, but I don't want you to be frustrated with loading them here.

2) ADD IN THIS CHAT FROM YOUR PHONE OR COMPUTER- plug your phone into a desktop and the computer will recognize your phone

as a removable hard drive and you can add the photos from the desktop

3) TEXT TO PHONE- accept a text-pictures-offer (optional) where you could text photos from your phone directly to my phone.

I have to initiate that service from my end.The site does charge a fee for the service (experts do not know what that is but

you can see the charge if I click a button on my end). You can only text photos of one item to that number but you can send as

many photos of that item as needed.

Let me know which you will be doing so I know where to look.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have used option #1and sent photos via email as suggested. Thanks.

1) A circa 1880s to 1910 Chinese medicine/apothecary cabinet with labeled drawers, valued at $1800
2) A 1920s teak Chinese chow bench with elaborate carved apron, valued at $2000

To get me again for more items, start a fresh page/thread and
be sure to write the words Hi Rarewares and a
brief description like you are writing an email.

Do click the stars now to end this one.