Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have several old books most of which are in good condition…

Customer Question
I have several...

I have several old books most of which are in good condition that have copyright dates of 1920's to 1940's. Are they of any value and how do I find out what value and who would be interested in them?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I have a series of books, I believe 5, "My Bookhouse Through Fairy Halls" by Olive Beaupre Miller to start.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
6/1/2018
Antique Expert: ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser replied 2 months ago
ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser

Thanks for the question. I'd be happy to look up some (up to five) of your books. Please provide the author, title, publisher, year of publication, date of publication.

Miller's Bookhouse series was originally published in a set of six in 1928 and the set can sell for $100 to $125 typically, with individual volumes selling for $15 to $20 generally, see: https://www.biblio.com/book/my-bookhouse-volumes-i-xi-vol/d/1080753898

Again, thank you! Is there any additional information that I can provide? Rating my professionalism using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes experts and it closes the question. It does not cost you anything additional. (see: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl)

Hello! I noticed that you reviewed the answer that I prepared for you and elected not to rate it.

Could you please either rate using the 5-star system or reply to me with something like, "thank you this was helpful."

Rating using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes experts and it closes the question.

It does not cost you anything additional.

If you need help rating, please see:http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl)

Again, thank you!