Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a very large set of GEWA 100 silverware that I

Customer Question
I have a very...

I have a very large set of GEWA 100 silverware that I purchased from an estate sale. Can you tell me anything about its value ? And, why are there no regular size teaspoons.?

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I bought the set in two silverware type suitcases. The knives also say Solingen Rostfrei on the blade (but no 100 on the knives)

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Lots of pieces including ladels, 3 sizes of forks, 3 sizes of spoons (but no regular size teaspoons) about 20 knives, serving spoons, etc

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
6/1/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! Doris here. I will be pleased to work with you. My responses are not immediate. I thank
you for your patience. I am reviewing the question.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?
If so, then -
Please send ONE photo of ONE fork showing the pattern.
Please send a photo of the marks, labels and/or words on the reverse of the fork.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.
If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.
An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

"Complete Sets" come in many different sizes.
Please tell me the following -
How many people does your set serve? (These are called place settings.)
How many pieces does each person have?
What serving pieces are there? These can add as much as 30% to the value of a set.

!!!!!Please do not send photos of the whole set. I cannot tell what pieces are in a set via such a photo!!!!

Kind regards,
Doris

thanks

Please see my last response requesting photos and information.

I prefer an email message. Thanks

PHONE CALLS:

I do not participate in the phone call services. The ad for a call was auto-generated by the site, not me.
I will still continue to work with you in writing an answer you can print out at no extra cost.

THANK YOU
I will send photos . It will take me until tomorrow. sorry

THere certainly is no hurry at this end.