Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We have a porcelain Virgen de La Leche stamped Sicily. We…

Customer Question
Hello. My name is*****...

Hello. My name is*****: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

We have a porcelain Virgen de La Leche stamped Sicily

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

We believe it was brought to Cuba in the late 1800 or early 1900's

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Antiques
We believe it came to Cuba in the late 1800's or early 1900's.
I would like to learn about its origins and value.
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/31/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 3 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please add one more clear, in-focus close-up image of the maker stamp on this.

~Nora

it has the Sicily Trinacia in the middle

Thank you for the images and for your patience.

Your molded bas-relief porcelain devotional of the Nursing Madonna, or Virgen de La Leche was made in Caltagirone in Sicily in Italy in the mid 20th century. This does not date as far back as the late 1800's to early 1900's.

Depending on the size, this could sell for as high as $350 - $500.

You will now please need to take a moment to leave a rating for my services here to you by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora