Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Interested in receiving an appraisal for two furniture

Customer Question
Interested in receiving an...

Interested in receiving an appraisal for two furniture items: cherry dining table (1700s) and cherry secretary (probably same time period). Both items have been in same family since acquisition. In addition, a number of small items of different periods and from different cultures.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/31/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! Doris here. I will be pleased to work with you. My responses are not immediate. I thank
you for your patience. I am reviewing the question.

Please read this response carefully as each request for information and photos is important to assess these properly.

I can only take the two items...table and secretary... in this one single question.

Have you access to a previous appraisal? If so, please describe details.

Are there any metal screws in your pieces. If so, are they single slot and sunk or not?

If there are no screws, how are the pieces joined together?

Then I need photos..

Please send photos of the item.

Please send a photo of the identification marks, labels and/or words on the item.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris