Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Need to see about my chairs I inherited 38 yrs. ago from an…

Customer Question
Need to see about...

Need to see about my chairs I inherited 38 yrs. ago from an Aunt in upstate New Yory

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Interested in finding Value of my early antique chairs I inherited from an Aunt who lived in upstate New York

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Would to get value on these early chairs

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/31/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
The next step would be to add some photos.
Use the small blue document icon (or the blue camera icon if you are on mobile) where you write back to me.
It works best if you add one, write a short description in the text area, send, then do the next photo.

Did you get Photos? Thanks Susan
7CC65127-7CDC-4490-8369...jpeg7CC651...jpegCE38EA3B-F7B6-49AC-8455...jpegCE38EA...jpeg327CC044-3B25-4A2B-A0A1...jpeg327CC0...jpeg9298FA4B-3BD4-4C37-8BB9...jpeg9298FA...jpeg61CFE169-A7B2-4439-875C...jpeg61CFE1...jpeg

These are circa 1800 to 1830 caned seat chairs with slat backs

and turned and reeded legs. Most interesting are the exposed

tiny nails used for construction.

Each chair is valued at $200 resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.

***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Are you happy with my answer?

-Rarewares