Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have been sitting on my grandmother’s Haviland Limoges…

Customer Question
Hello Pearl. I...

Hello Pearl. I have been sitting on my grandmother’s Haviland Limoges china since she left it to me. I have ever used it. There are six of the dinner plates, salad plates and dessert plates. I have 8 saucers, 5 teacups, a gravy boat and a tureen. Wait, I see large bowls I forgot about

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Well, I also have a platter, two large bowls and six dessert bowls

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/31/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! Doris here. I will be pleased to work with you. My responses are not immediate. I thank
you for your patience. I am reviewing the question.

Haviland Limoges comes in at least 100 patterns of varying values.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?
If so, then -
Please send ONE photo of ONE plate showing the pattern.
Please send a photo of the marks, labels and/or words on the bottom.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.
If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.
An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

I am getting a shaker writing bar
This site is bogus

No the site is not bogus. I am 74 with experience with antiques dating back to 1957.

Please send the two requested pictures as time permits. I do not participate in the phone call services.