Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Thinking of selling a plate from boxer reblion eara very…

Customer Question
Thinking of selling a...

Thinking of selling a plate from boxer reblion eara very beautiful in perfect condition my great grand fathers Asian enamel on brass wire

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Cloionse chinese plate

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Its from period of boxer rebellion perfect condition bright coloured was my great grandfathers

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/31/2018
Antique Expert: ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser replied 2 months ago
ExpertAppraiser
ExpertAppraiser, Accredited Appraiser

Thank you! Could you attach a picture? It would be my pleasure to assist.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

love to cant find how to send pic

Please see the link provided or use the paperclip function.

Thanks for the question! These gorgeous Cloisonne Asian (Japanese) plates from the late 19th/early 20th centuries are popular and typically sell at the $200 to $300 level because of the rich coloring (here's one that sold in 2016 for $225, see: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/45544843_219-a-good-19th-century-japanese-cloisonne-enamel) and this sale is a bit older, at $140, see: https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/605816_457-cloisonne-plate-with-2-birds - Yours has wonderful colors and the design is strong! $250 to $350 would be a solid value.

Again, thank you! Is there any additional information that I can provide? Rating my professionalism using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes experts and it closes the question. It does not cost you anything additional. (see: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl)

Hello! I noticed that you reviewed the answer that I prepared for you and elected not to rate it.

Could you please either rate using the 5-star system or reply to me with something like, "thank you this was helpful."

Rating using the 5-star system is the only way that JustAnswer recognizes experts and it closes the question.

It does not cost you anything additional.

If you need help rating, please see:http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl)

Again, thank you!