Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Do you know of any appraisers of glassware within 50 miles…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl! Do you...

Hi Pearl! Do you know of any appraisers of glassware within 50 miles of Cedar Rapids, Iowa? Thank you!

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have 1 piece of glassware that I would like to know what it is, who made it & what value it may have. It is 12" square, 3/4" deep, 5 odd-shaped compartments & coated with gold leaf in a grapevine pattern.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

There are no markings to be seen anywhere.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/30/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you.
I am studying your question and will return shortly.

The next step would be to add some photos.
Use the small blue document icon (or the blue camera icon if you are on mobile) where you write back to me.
It works best if you add one, write a short description in the text area, send, then do the next photo.

HelloCustomer My apology, but I am at the library right now which is my only computer access. My glass piece is at home & my cel phone camera is not working at the moment.

This question will be saved in My Questions portion of your account the next time you log in.

You can come back to this question then when you have a photo and I will be happy to help.

No calls today, But thank you for your help!

You are welcome. I am still happy to help anytime.

Thank you!
HelloCustomer Could you email to me you email address? I might be able to find a friend who could take a picture of my glassware & email it to you. Thanks.

You can email the files from your phone or computer to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me within 48 hours.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 1 month ago

You are welcome!

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
HiCustomer Recently, I sent you some pictures of my glassware. Did you get the 2 pictures? Thank you1
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 23 days ago

No, there are no pictures. I will reach out to customer service.

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Thank you!
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
HiCustomer Did you ever hear from Customer Service? If not, then this is a wild idea - perhaps you could make the journey out here to Cedar Rapids, Iowa to see the glass piece in person. However, that might be an expensive trip on your part. Maybe there is another way. Thanks!
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 9 days ago

I never got photos in my email.

Customer service said they would reach out to you and I guess they did not.

The only other way I can think of is texting from your phone to my phone.

I will send that offer in case that would work.