Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a painting of Roses in an old frame that is signed…

Customer Question
I have a painting...

I have a painting of Roses in an old frame that is signed Blanche Porter 1918 can you tell me anyting about it

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I don't know much more about it but can send you a pic

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Other than the size of it, it is a painting on some kind of hard board in a very old frame, bought in a box of things at an auction a long time ago

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/30/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! Doris here. I will be pleased to work with you. My responses are not immediate. I thank
you for your patience. I am reviewing the question.

What size is your piece (in inches) not including the frame and mat? Please do not remove from the frame.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment.
If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the front and back of your framed piece.

Please send a photo of the signature.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Kind regards,
Doris

I have changed my mind,I have been on this sight all morning and can't get an answer thanks for your help.I want to cancel my account keep only my five dollars for your trouble and cancel me out
sorry for your trouble I am not going to pursue this any longer