Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a grandfather clock "Barwick" top says Tempest fugit.

Customer Question
I have a grandfather...

I have a grandfather clock "Barwick" top says Tempest fugit. My dad was a watch repair man. Owner passed away in 1960 and dad gave it to me. Do you have any idea of its worth?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I'll have to get back to you as my daughter now has it in her home and she would like to sell

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Without it being in front of me, no.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/30/2018
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos, even if you need to call customer service for help with adding photos at 1(###) ###-####

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

Alternately, you can upload them to the free site www.imgur.com and post the link here.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer