Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a settee that I would like to sell to a party who has…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a settee that I would like to sell to a party who has the experience with antiques necessary to give me an offer that is adequate and fair for the piece. The settee is in good condition, I don't know how old exactly; I inherited it from my aunt's large Beverly Hill home when she sold it so her and her husband could move into a place that was more easy for them to maintain as they are getting on in years. I do love this settee, but I just purchased a piano and no longer have adequate space to accommodate it. I would describe the fabric as something from 19th century France, similar to the tapestries I saw in the Getty Museum a few years ago. The color of the fabric is light red with gold embroidered bows of small/med size all throughout so there is a bit of a French country farm house vibe when you see it. If you would like me to send a photo please let me know and I'll get that prepared for you. Thanks!

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/29/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files or UPLOAD or attachments feature next to the SEND button to add photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture at a time, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Will you be able to add photos?