Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an antique (late 1800s) 3 piece bedroom suite. No…

Customer Question
I have an antique...

I have an antique (late 1800s) 3 piece bedroom suite. No bed. It has a chiffarobe, dresser with mirror and marble topped wash stand.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

They are a matching set and I have used them for 40 years. The dresser mirror has some mottling. but the chiffarobe mirror is perfect. Both are beveled. The washstand has a tile back splash and a towel rack on the side.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The marble has a crack in it but could be glued easily.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/28/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I will be happy to help you

Please send pictures

I can't seem to send the picture to this format. Any suggestions?

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images, Be sure to be signed into Google Chrome in order for this link to work, if not signed into Google Chrome, then you have to copy and paste the link in your browser.
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.
Or you can use this site, then forward the link from your pictures to the messsage area.
https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

I don't want to be charged the $49 if the expert is not available.

Hello

I do not do live phone calls, and you will not be charged for a phone call as long as you do not accept an offer from an expert for one.

If you can send me pictures of this I can get the value for you

I have received 2 texts from this expert but I expect a phone call
This reaks of a scam. Please only charge me for the original $5 as I will pay no more unless I hear back within the next 5 minutes.

I am here and ready to help you. I am more then willing to help you.

Not all experts do phone calls, that is an upsell offer made by the justanswer site not the appraisers. Appraisers are independent of the site, we come to the site to answer questions that the customers post there. I can answer you on this message area with no problem at all if you can send pictures.

I don't know how to upload the pictures onto this site. Can you help me? Copy and paste does not work.

No copy and paste will not work.

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos.

If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images,

copy and paste the link in your browser.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
Glenda

album/antiques

What does that mean? If that is suppose to be a link, it does not work.

I forgot to put Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques in the subject line.

Hi

Did you email them to the site?

Ok, thanks then they will send them to me, when they do I will let you know.