Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I would like to know the value of a Temple doll that I might…

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to know the value of a Shirley Temple doll that I might want to sell.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is an original, not a replica. She has the original dress and matching bow in her hair. Her shoes are missing but otherwise has not marks on her face and her hair is still in the original netting.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Like what?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/28/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the doll
and the marks on the back of her neck or shoulder. Also let me know if you still have the box.

I do not have the box. The marks on the back of her head says Ideal Doll ST 17 1 The marking on her back is ST 17
I do not see the Add File feature on the screen. Can I text you photos without incurring an additional charge?

There should be an attachment file at the bottom of the screen or a paper clip icon. It depends which browser you are using. If that doesn't work, I added a text offer which is optional.

There is no attachment file or paper clip icon. How many photos do you need? What is the total text cost?

The experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges,
fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form. We do not know what or how you are charged on our end.

This is a 1950 to 1962 Shirley Temple Flirty Eyes Doll made by the Ideal Doll Company with a value of $50 to $70 resale. The ST means Shirley Temple and 17 refers to her size in inches.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.