Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I inherited this pair of Chinese porcelain man and woman…

Customer Question
Hi I inherited this...

Hi I inherited this pair of Chinese porcelain man and woman bust from my grandparents I was wondering if there was any value to them

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

How do I send you a picture

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

How do I send you a picture

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
They are going n pristine shape bottom marking says majestic crown I think they were purchased in the 60s or 70s era in China
They are approx 18-24” in height really large bust
Do you need to research and do just email me with your findings
5/28/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Welcome! My name is***** will be pleased to help you.
I am studying your question and will return shortly.

It is important to add a photo of the bottom marking that you described.

What have you determined

I asked for a photo of the mark you described before I can do research on these.

Here are the pics The bottom says majestic crown my grandmother went to China and bought these in the 70s it’s a pair male and female as you can see thank you so much
4BE71ABF-3A14-4305-873F...jpeg4BE71A...jpeg4FFF0FFD-2FD5-490E-9D44...jpeg4FFF0F...jpeg0D524A15-B7FB-4588-8D58...jpeg0D524A...jpegF45AC62C-09AE-4E9C-A1EB...jpegF45AC6...jpeg8740E05D-1D7C-4326-B1EC...jpeg8740E0...jpeg

This is a pair of Chinese male and female poured ceramic (because they are hollow) busts made by Majestic Crown Industries, Incorporated in 1950 to 1970 having a value of $400 to $550 for the pair.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Hi, just checking in to see how things are going. Are you happy with my answer?

Very pleased with your findings thanks