Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Upon moving in to our old (new to us) house last year, we…

Customer Question
Upon moving in to our...
Upon moving in to our old (new to us) house last year, we found a beautiful brass bed frame hanging from the rafters in our attic. We tried a heavy magnet to every piece of the headboard and footboard and it indeed doesn’t stick. May I send you a picture of this frame and see if it’s of any value? It’s quite beautiful. Thanks in advance, Jennifer
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/27/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I will be happy to help you

Is this the foot board picture?

I sent both headboard and footboard but I can send again now

only one picture is showing up these both look the same

Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Hello, I see that you wanted a new Expert. My name isCustomer

This is an English Edwardian circa 1900 to 1910 brass bed with a

neoclassical medallion in relief, twisted and square rails, egg and dart accents,

and Queen Anne legs having a value of $$4500 to $5200 resale. I will add photos

of the Edwardian style brass beds of the period (not exact matches but you'll get the idea).

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).

You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.

***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

It looks like it is in great shape, do people look for this type of brass bed very often?

It takes the right demographic for sure. This is why it is best to use a site like Chairish.com to sell

so that you can target the decorators and home decor buyers.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

If you are on mobile, scroll to the top of the page and click Finish by Rating.
That should take you to a screen that says "your rating is required",
do please click the five stars and hit submit

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.

-Rarewares