Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

We just bought a pub by Tyrolese print dated 1901, colored,

Customer Question
a little water stained in...
We just bought a pub by Tyrolese print dated 1901, colored, a little water stained in the margin above. It appears to be painted by a F Stone? And then hand signed below which may be the original owner? Barn next to river, path with stone wall, other buildings across river. Wife just liked the print and wanted it. No frame. Was looking for info on Tyrolese.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files or UPLOAD or attachments feature next to the SEND button to add photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture at a time, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Please add a close up of the signature and of the writing in the upper left corner.

This is a drypoint etching (print) of a piece by artist Frederic Stone published by James Tyroler NY in 1901 and etched by ***** *****.

The value of this piece with some water damage is $130 to $160 resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.

If you are on mobile, scroll to the top of the page and click Finish by Rating.
That should take you to a screen that says "your rating is required",
do please click the five stars and hit submit
-Rarewares