Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a picture of an item I need to identify. It was

Customer Question
I have a picture...

I have a picture of an item I need to identify.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It was purchased in a consignment shop this year. That's all I know about it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/27/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I will be happy to help you

Do you have pictures you can send?
.
If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images, Be sure to be signed into Google Chrome in order for this link to work, if not signed into Google Chrome, then you have to copy and paste the link in your browser.
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.
Or you can use this site, then forward the link from your pictures to the messsage area.
https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

I need to identify a medal item. I have a photo.
Are you there?

Is this marked ?

No markings

What is the thing that goes up the center?

It's a piece of brass (?) that curves as it reaches the top.

The piece that goes up the middle, does it connect to the center bowl? as in does it come out in the middle of the top bowl?

Are you able to identify the piece of brass?

No it does not come out at any point.

Hi

I have not idea then, it looked to me to be a water feature, where the water tumbled from the top one down. But, I do not know what else it could be other then a candle holder. I will opt out maybe someone else knows what it is.

Glenda

Thanks for trying. If anyone else has an idea please let me know.

I will opt out then they can take a look at this, maybe someone knows it.

Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help. This is Persian/Middle Eastern. It's a stand used to serve small snacks, the equivalent of the Western epergne.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer