Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Dunkeld and Birman oak desk set of 9 peices what is is

Customer Question
Dunkeld and Birman oak...

Dunkeld and Birman oak desk set of 9 peices what is is value

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The set is of Dunkeld Oak and consists of an ink stand, pen holder pin box. paper knife horseshoe picture frame, photo album an a note box. all plished and engraved with etcings of towns and castles.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

They have been in the family for about 100 years

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/27/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files or UPLOAD or attachments feature next to the SEND button to add photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture at a time, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is just a follow-up to see if you will be able to add pictures.

-Rarewares

cant send pictures. Give me an estimate

An early 20th-century Dunkeld Birman oak desk set; the nine-piece set with towns and castles consisting of an inkstand, pen holder, pin box, paper knife, horseshoe picture frame, photo album and a note box has a value of 600AUD.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Gumtree.com, Traderoo.com, Quicksales.com, OZtion.com, ALLBIDS.com, BidMate.com, kitschplease.com or Ebay.
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the 5 stars. Bonuses are also welcome!
If you need more help, the question thread will stay open so that we can still talk about this item even after you have left a rating.