Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an antique dresser that I am going to get rid of. It…

Customer Question
I have an antique...

I have an antique dresser that I am going to get rid of. It was given to me over fifty years ago by my great aunt who was a dealer. It is in fair condition and I know it could be valuable but I don't want to drag it around with me anymore. I just want to get an idea of it's worth because I am going to donate it to Goodwill or Salvation Army and could use the income tax deduction next year.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I have an antique dresser that I am going to donate to Goodwill / Salvation Army. I would like an idea of it's value so that I can get the tax credit for it.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/27/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files or UPLOAD or attachments feature next to the SEND button to add photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture at a time, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is just a follow-up to see if you will be able to add pictures.

-Rarewares