Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have some drexel mahogany furniture that used to be my…

Customer Question
I have some drexel...

I have some drexel mahogany furniture that used to be my grandparents and im having to sell it and have no idea what to ask for it can you help me

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I believe it from 1948 and I have a double size sleigh bed foot board and head board with a matching night stand

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The back of the head board has 'travis corp group by drexel' stamped in black

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/27/2018
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome! Doris here. I will be pleased to work with you. My responses are not immediate. I thank
you for your patience. I am reviewing the question.

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the item.

Please send a photo of the identification marks, labels and/or words on the item.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

If you're having issues uploading photos, please email***@******.*** directly, and a Customer Service agent will then send those photos to me.

Kind regards,
Doris