Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have some Alaska Native masks made in the villages and and…

Customer Question
I have some Alaska...

I have some Alaska Native masks made in the villages and and am trying to get an approximate value on them.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Two of the masks are signed and were made in 1995. The first one is a mother and child framed in red fox fur for the parka ruffs. The faces are made of sealskin with tatoos on the face of the mother and fur for the eyelashes and eybrows. There are beads hanging from her hair which is braided. I'm not sure what the hair is made of.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The second mask is the male counterpart. Same materials used to make the ruff and facial hair. He has 6 tatoos on his chin which indicates how many wives he has. There are also two tatoos above the eyebrows that are some kind of stick figure. he has 2 beaded piercings on his chin.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/26/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I will be happy to help you

Do you have pictures you can send?
.
If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images, Be sure to be signed into Google Chrome in order for this link to work, if not signed into Google Chrome, then you have to copy and paste the link in your browser.
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.
.
Or you can use this site, then forward the link from your pictures to the messsage area.
https://help.imgur.com/hc/en-us/articles/210076663-Upload-Images
.

Or you can send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda

I paid for a phone call and that is what I want or I will report this as fraud.

Hello
I am unable to do live phone calls. If you paid for a phone call, when an expert signs on that will do this phone call they will send you the offer.
Glenda