Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a girl and boy porcelain Dutch dolls right from

Customer Question
I have a girl...

I have a girl and boy porcelain Dutch dolls right from Holland that are in good condition that are 57 years old. Can you give me an estimate worth amount before I go to an antique dealer today. Thanks

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

They are dolls that are about 2ft in high and are in the costume of Dutch children with the wooden shoes.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

They do move their heads when you move their legs.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/26/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the doll
and the marks on the back of her neck or shoulder.

No. I am not sending anymore money. If you cannot answer with a rough estimate with the info I have given you, I do not plan on researching any further where it will cost me additional monies

This is a pair of boy and girl celluloid dolls in Dutch dress from the 1940's

having a value of $40 to $60 for the pair.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.