Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I own a very large oil by Norwegian artist J. Hammerstad and…

Customer Question
I own a very...

I own a very large oil by Norwegian artist J. Hammerstad and would like to know more about its possible value before having it cleaned.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

This is a landscape, water and a boat in the foreground, mountains in the back....almost 4 feet wide, 3 feet high. ….has hung here for 70 years, and I will need to get the restorer out here to look at it, because it is too heavy to remove safely....I knw the artist worked in the Chicago area and have verified his signature with the Norwegian museum in Decorah

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

No...only that I am not able to photograph it for you

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/26/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files or UPLOAD or attachments feature next to the SEND button to add photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture at a time, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

as I wrote earlier, I am myself not able to send pictures.....I will get someone to do it for me...eventually

Of course, I understand. Add photos at your convenience. I look forward to working with you.