Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a brass standard lamp with a raw silk scalloped

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a brass standard lamp with a raw silk scalloped lampshade. We are not sure exactly of the age of the lamp but we can’t remember a time back to the 1950’s when it wasnt there

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

No, I dont think so however I do have photos

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Antiques
5/26/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files or UPLOAD or attachments feature next to the SEND button to add photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture at a time, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I got one photo.

This is a roughly 1960's brass floor lamp with snake adjusting bridge and silk shade.

The snake adjusting part is what dates it to the mid-century. This type of element was not on earlier floor lamps.

The value of the lamp is $65 to $80 resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by physically clicking the five stars.
-Rarewares